Homemade Alfredo sauce tastes like creamy, cheesy heaven. How could anyone not like this rich, flavorful sauce?
It wasn’t long after I first tried it that I googled how to make Alfredo sauce at home.
Y’all. The recipe that I stumbled on was a nightmare of ingredients. Flour and cream cheese and a whole bunch of other garbage that just does not belong in authentic Alfredo sauce.
HOMEMADE ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE
This easy Alfredo sauce calls for just a handful of ingredients and comes together in about 5 minutes. Toss fettucine in this sauce or drizzle over chicken.
- Servings: 8 Servings
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- Keyword: Comfort Food, Kid-Friendly Recipes, Weeknight Dinner Recipes
- Calories: 312 Kcal
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 6 mins
- Author: Karly
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1Add the cream and butter to a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
2Whisk in the garlic and simmer for 30 seconds.
3Turn off the heat and whisk in the Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
4Continue whisking until cheese has fully melted and sauce is smooth and creamy.
1. This sauce makes enough to generously coat 1 pound of pasta.
2. Do not use the powdery Parmesan cheese in this recipe.