Christmas Crack Recipe made with Saltine Crackers
Steve from Steve’s Kitchen is in the habitat to portion this Christmas Crack Recipe made gone Saltine Crackers. Its easy to publicize why it has been a Facebook favorite and you are guaranteed to praise it!
Its a to your liking and salty treat that is made using a base of Salada Biscuits which are a Saltine Cracker. It is layered subsequent to chocolate, toffee, and hazelnuts and is absolutely to die for!
Christmas Crack Recipe Ingredients
To say it’s addictive is putting it mildly and it’s perfect for the holidays or any time at all. So, let’s look at what you are going to need.
- 1 cup of Butter
- 1cup of Soft Brown Sugar
- Some Salada or Saltine Crackers
- 8oz / 250g of your favorite Chocolate
- 1 cup of Hazelnuts or any Nuts
- Some Sea Salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Christmas Crack Recipe – Video Tutorial
Steve is in the house to show us how to make his Christmas Crack with Saltine Crakers and you won’t want to miss him.
We highly recommend that you view the video so that you can get the perfect result. Click Play above to view now.
How to make Christmas Crack Recipe
- Place the butter and sugar in a saucepan and allow to melt. Bring to the boil and then allow to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Pop the Saladas or Saltines into a baking Tray lined with Baking paper.
- Once the butter and sugar have simmered for 3 minutes, turn off the heat and add the vanilla and salt.
- Mix through and immediately pour over the Salada Crackers.
- Ease the toffee over the crackers until they are completely covered.
- Now place into a preheated oven for 13-15 minutes. Do keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t burn.
- At the same time on a separate tray place the hazelnuts into the oven to roast.
- After 13-15 minutes remove the trays from the oven and place the broken chocolate pieces on top of the toffee and leave a few minutes to melt.
- Use a crank-handled spatula to spread the melted chocolate so it covers the crackers completely.
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt and then chop the hazelnuts and sprinkle over the chocolate.
- Allow to cool completely before breaking into pieces and enjoy