This Christmas Crack recipe, also known as cracker toffee or saltine toffee, is without a doubt one of the most delicious I make each year. Even better, it takes less than 15 minutes to complete!
Christmas Crack Recipe made with Saltine Crackers
Steve from Steve’s Kitchen is here to share this Christmas Crack Recipe made with Saltine Crackers.
It’s simple to explain why it’s a Facebook favorite, and you’re sure to get compliments!
It’s a tasty and salty treat made with Salada Biscuits, which are a type of Saltine Cracker. It is layered with chocolate, toffee, and hazelnuts and is absolutely delicious!
Christmas Crack Recipe Ingredients
To say it’s addictive is an understatement, and it’s ideal for the holidays or any time of year. So, let’s take a look at what you’ll need.
What are needed for Christmas Crack Recipe
- 1 cup of Butter
- 1 cup of Soft Brown Sugar
- Some Salada or Saltine Crackers
- 250g of your favorite Chocolate
- 1 cup of Hazelnuts or any Nuts
- Some Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
Christmas Crack Recipe Instruction
- Place the butter and sugar in a saucepan and allow to melt. Bring to the boil and then allow to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Pop the Saladas or Saltines into a baking Tray lined with Baking paper.
- Once the butter and sugar have simmered for 3 minutes, turn off the heat and add the vanilla and salt.
- Mix through and immediately pour over the Salada Crackers.
- Ease the toffee over the crackers until they are completely covered.
- Now place into a preheated oven for 13-15 minutes. Do keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t burn.
- At the same time on a separate tray place the hazelnuts into the oven to roast.
- After 13-15 minutes remove the trays from the oven and place the broken chocolate pieces on top of the toffee and leave a few minutes to melt.
- Use a crank-handled spatula to spread the melted chocolate so it covers the crackers completely.
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt and then chop the hazelnuts and sprinkle over the chocolate.
- Allow to cool completely before breaking into pieces and enjoy
Christmas Crack Recipe – Video Tutorial
Steve is in the house to show us how to make his Christmas Crack with Saltine Crakers and you won’t want to miss him.
We highly recommend that you view the video so that you can get the perfect result. Click Play above to view now.