Apple Crisp Cookie Cups
- Apple Pie Filling:
- 6 cups (4-5 apples) Granny Smith apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 2 cups water
- Oatmeal Cookie Cups:
- 11/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup butter ((room temperature))
- 1 cup light brown sugar ((packed))
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs ((room temperature))
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- Sugar Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
Apple Pie Filling:
- Toss apples and lemon juice in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugars, cornstarch, and spices. Pour in water. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Cook for 2 minutes. Add apples, bring back to a boil. Simmer until tender (10-15mins). Cool completely.
Oatmeal Cookie Cups:
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars on med-high until pale and fluffy (approx. 3 minutes).
- Add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition, and beat on high for 1 minute. Add vanilla.
- Turn mixer to low and add flour mixture, mix until combined. Add oats and mix until just combined.
- Spray 2 regular sized muffin tins with cooking spray. Using a large cookie scoop (3 Tbsp) scoop dough into muffin tins, press down and push up the sides to create cups. Chill dough in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake cookie cups for approx. 15mins or until browned and mostly set.
- Remove from oven and (if needed) immediately use a small jar or container to press firmly down in the center to create a well. Cool in pans for 15mins, then place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a tablespoon, fill each cookie cup with apple pie filling. Drizzle with sugar glaze if desired.