A nice cold pasta salad makes a perfect meal on a hot summer day!
This pizza pasta salad is one that your whole family will agree on! We add pepperoni, onions, peppers and olives but you can add in your own favorite pizza toppings including sausage, cooked & cooled mushrooms or even sundried tomatoes! The homemade dressing tastes amazing and it takes only about 30 seconds to make however, you can substitute a store bought Italian dressing if you prefer.
PIZZA PASTA SALAD
- 8 oz pasta
- ½ green pepper (, diced)
- ½ red pepper (, diced)
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes (, quartered)
- 1 cup pizza mozzarella (, diced)
- ½ cup red onion
- ½ cup black olives
- 1¼ cup mini pepperoni
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 cup store bought Italian dressing
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta el dente according to package directions. Rinse under cold water.
- Combine pasta, red & green pepper, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, onion, olives and pepperoni.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients. Toss with pasta mixture.
- Top with fresh basil & parmesan cheese.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Recipe Source: Spend With Pennies