Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup- A hearty, warming and comforting soup made with juicy chicken, vegetables and loaded with delicious toppings.
This is a soup that is perfect for a weeknight meal, and it’s one that your whole family can enjoy. Best of all this soup is whipped up in around 30 minutes and couldn’t be easier!
Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
You will love this filling and deliciously satisfying Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup! It’s loaded with a whole lot of goodness. Enjoy!
Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe Summary
- Course: Main Dish, Soups
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Resting time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 6 servings
- Author: Jaclyn from Cooking Classy
Ingredients You Need
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp finely minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 (32 oz) carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp of McCormick Dark Chili Powder
- 1 tsp of McCormick Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp of McCormick Gourmet Organic Paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup masa harina
- 1 (15 oz) can organic black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 2/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup All Natural Sour Cream
Get Instructions here for Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup.