Once you make them from scratch, you may not be able to eat them any other way. And once you make your first batch, prepare yourself, a few others will come shortly.
Homemade Ding Dong Recipe
These ding-dong cakes will disappear faster than you can say ding-dong three times!
- Cuisine: Dessert, Chocolate Cake
- Prep Time: 1h
- Bake/Cook Time: 25m – 30m
- Yield: 12-14 ding dongs
- RecipeAuthor: Chef Eddy Van Damme
- Ingredients: 12 Items
Ingredients needed for Homemade ding dong
- 7/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 7-ounce tub marshmallow crème
- Chocolate Ganache or Sauce
Get Instructions here for Homemade Ding Dong
Use the best quality chocolate (60-70% cocoa) that you can find. The higher the cocoa percentage, the lower the overall sugar content. It is cocoa mass that gives firmness to sauces, ganache, etc., while sugar makes it thinner.