Homemade Flea Spray with Vinegar and Baking Soda
Make this homemade flea spray with vinegar and baking soda to kill fleas on your pets and around the house! Do your dogs have fleas? It sucks because getting rid of those pesky critters can be a hassle!
It’s like having to constantly use an insecticide on your pets or around the house until the little bugs are eradicated. But what if you’re averse to commercial flea killers loaded with chemicals?
Especially when you have babies at home and don’t want to fill their environment with toxic chemicals? Don’t worry, you can try this homemade vinegar and baking soda flea spray!
Homemade Flea Spray with Vinegar and Baking Soda Recipe
This is a simple recipe: you only need to have 4 things on hand. And I’m sure you have all of this in your kitchen right now!It’s totally optional, but you can also add some essential oils to kill fleas! Essential oils are 100% pure concentrated plant extracts.
Many of them have insect repellent properties! The best essential oils for fleas are: eucalyptus, peppermint, lemongrass, rosemary and lavender.
What you need for homemade flea spray with vinegar and baking soda
- 1 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- Pyrex measuring cup
- 16 oz spray bottle
Instruction to prepare homemade flea spray with vinegar and baking soda
To prepare this homemade flea spray with vinegar and baking soda, follow the steps bellow:
- In a Pyrex measuring cup, place ½ teaspoon each of sea salt and baking soda.
- Now add 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil.
- Slowly pour ½ cup of warm water into the Pyrex cup.
- Next, carefully pour 1 cup of raw apple cider vinegar into the Pyrex beaker.
- This will result in a hissing and foaming reaction.
- After that, pour the mixture into a spray bottle and shake well.
That’s it! Your homemade flea spray with vinegar and baking soda is ready! Store in a cool, dry place. Spray your pets from a distance of 15 cm. Do not spray in eyes, nose, mouth and ears.