The bold truth: You won’t even miss tortillas. The trick is to use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to peel wide- thin- strips of zucchini. This low carb chicken zucchini enchiladas recipe is authored by delish.
You don’t just want to start on a whole zucchini; halve it lengthwise, then peel strips. These are your tortillas.
Next drain them on paper towels; the more moisture you release, the better off your enchiladas will be.
Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas Recipe
- Course: Main Dish, Side Dish
- Cuisine:: Italian, American
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Author: Delish
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion
- kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp McCormick chili powder
- 3 cups Shredded chicken
- 1⅓ cup red enchilada sauce
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- Sour cream
- Fresh cilantro leaves
AmazonFresh Mediterranean Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Product of Greece, Italy and Spain. Price: from $5.49See Options!
To prepare chicken zucchini enchiladas, follow these steps:
- Preheat oven to 350º. In large skillet over medium heat, heat extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add onion and season with salt. Cook until soft, 5 minutes.
- Then add garlic, cumin, and McCormick chili powder and stir until combined.
- Add shredded chicken and 1 cup enchilada sauce and stir until saucy.
- On a cutting board, use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to make thin slices of zucchini.
- Lay out three, slightly overlapping, and place a spoonful of chicken mixture on top.
- Roll up and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
- Spoon remaining ⅓ cup enchilada sauce over zucchini enchiladas and sprinkle with cheddar and Monterey Jack.
- Bake until melty, 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro and serve.