The bold truth: You won’t even miss tortillas. The trick is to use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to peel wide- thin- strips of zucchini.
You don’t just want to start on a whole zucchini; halve it lengthwise, then peel strips. These are your tortillas.
Low Carb Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas Recipe
This Low-carb Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas is made with zucchini and is loaded with enchilada sauce, chicken, and cheese. It’s also gluten-free and very flavorful!
more from chicken
Ingredients for Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas
AmazonFresh Mediterranean Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Product of Greece, Italy and Spain. Price: from $5.49See Options!
Instructions for Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas Recipe
To prepare chicken zucchini enchiladas, follow these steps:
- Preheat oven to 350º. In large skillet over medium heat, heat extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add onion and season with salt. Cook until soft, 5 minutes.
- Then add garlic, cumin, and McCormick chili powder and stir until combined.
- Add shredded chicken and 1 cup enchilada sauce and stir until saucy.
- On a cutting board, use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to make thin slices of zucchini.
- Lay out three, slightly overlapping, and place a spoonful of chicken mixture on top.
- Roll up and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
- Spoon remaining ⅓ cup enchilada sauce over zucchini enchiladas and sprinkle with cheddar and Monterey Jack.
- Bake until melty, 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro and serve.