Using white cake mix makes it super simple. The key is the colorful layers. For Valentine’s Day, make them pink and red. Green for St. Patrick’s Day. Pastels work great for Easter. And red, white, and blue for the Fourth of July. These colorful cupcakes make any celebration special.
SEE RECIPE BELOW
How to Make Sweetheart Cupcakes
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a standard muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- Beat the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and egg whites together on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium for 2 minutes, until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/3 full with white batter; set aside.
- Stir 4 drops of red food coloring into the remaining bowl of batter to make the batter pink, stir in the raspberry oil.
- Pour 1/3 of pink batter into a resealable plastic bag and set aside.
- Mix more food coloring into the remaining bowl of pink batter until it is an orange/red color and pour the batter into a resealable plastic bag.
- Cut a corner off the bag, stick the open tip into the center of each cup of white batter and squeeze in about two tablespoons of red batter.
- Cut the corner off the bag with the pink batter, stick the open tip into the center of the red batter and squeeze about 1 tablespoon pink batter into each cup.
- Bake the layered cupcakes in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Source: allrecipes